Les Petits Contes

About life's little observations, which matter. About hilarious situations, which illuminate. About stories which offer immense possibilities, open endings, different interpretations and perspectives.

Name:
Location: Asia, Singapore

Melancholic but with a quirky sense of humour

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Last Day in Paris


I just had to do the ‘’touristy thing’’. I took the metro to Trocadero so that I could have a good view of Eiffel Tower and to take some pictures.

I snapped and snapped. If I was the tower, I would be so bored and would have screamed, ‘’haven’t you snapped enough? Can’t you think of a more creative angle?’’

I overhead a woman reading her guidebook to her family members in Italian. I decided to take at least one photo of myself in Paris, other than just monuments and gardens.

So I turned to ask her to take a photo for me. I am not sure if I really wanted a picture of myself, or I just wanted to practise my Italian.

Back home, there seems to be a conspiracy between my brother, friends and colleagues to remind me that my break is over, that I should start thinking about work, and that I should return to my real life.

I started getting so many sms from them the minute I woke up – from my brother to ask when I would be back, from Aileen to ask the same question and about our pilates class, from Fann asking for my RSVP to her party, and worst of all, from my PR agency chasing for approval and asking me to get someone to sort it out ‘’by today’’.

As I crossed Pont Marie to the charming little Ile St Louis, after visiting St Paul village, I switched off my mobile phone. I wished they would leave me alone for one more day, and let me savour my solitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home