Les Petits Contes

About life's little observations, which matter. About hilarious situations, which illuminate. About stories which offer immense possibilities, open endings, different interpretations and perspectives.

Name:
Location: Asia, Singapore

Melancholic but with a quirky sense of humour

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Silence... is Golden?


In Memoirs of a Geisha, Sayuri, as a young girl, said, ''loss cannot be expressed in written words, only felt''.

I have been asked about my ''silence'' lately. I have wondered why I have not written for so long, since I used to write so much.

I have not stopped thinking, feeling or forming opinions. But the deepest feelings and hurt can never be expressed. Silence is grief. Silence is loss. Silence is even louder than words, tears and music. It is sheer emptiness and unbearable void.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home