Les Petits Contes

About life's little observations, which matter. About hilarious situations, which illuminate. About stories which offer immense possibilities, open endings, different interpretations and perspectives.

Name:
Location: Asia, Singapore

Melancholic but with a quirky sense of humour

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy New Year


Today is Tamil New Year. Sharmala My PhD colleague is dressed in her colourful regalia. I asked her what’s the occasion and she told me. She taught me the greeting too. ‘’Are you sure I said it right? It sounds like French swear word,’’ I asked her. ‘’Yes, it’s perfect, ask Lakshmi and she can tell you all about it,’’ she said.

So I rang my finance colleague wishing her what Sharmala just taught me: “Hey, Lakshmi, Puthaandu Nalvazhthukkal!!’’. She replied, ‘’huh, what article?’’

Ok, ok, so I can’t speak Tamil….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home